Man Dominates the Earth
1) As we enter the 21st century, we hear news of wars, famines, earthquakes, and bizarre weather. In every environment living things are experiencing the effects of human activity. And human activity has nearly exhausting many natural resources. These developments are evidence that man is the dominant influence on planet Earth.
Human Activity Continues Increasing
2) The Bible, in the book of Genesis, chapter 1, verse 28 [Gen.1:28], tells us that God commanded man to fill up the Earth, and master to it. There is not much left that is not yet strongly affected by man. The human population has nearly filled up the Earth. And human activity and control continue increasing, even though there is not much left to master. So the task of mastering the Earth is nearly finished. Fortunately, we are nearing the end of the present age, the time of the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
One Remaining Task
3) Regarding the end, Jesus spoke [Matthew 24:14], and He said, “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.” The word nation here, is “ethnos,” which means race or tribe; a group of people with a distinct language and culture. So Jesus says in Matt. 24:14, that the good news of His near return will be preached to every tribe or people group on Earth; then the end shall come. Today, this good news have reached much of the world. Missionary societies estimate that there are less than ten thousand distinct people groups, who have not yet heard the Word of God in their language, and it is likely that these remaining tribes will be reached before the year 2030. It seems that the work of the church is nearly complete. When this outreach is complete, it will have taken two thousand years of violent warfare in the heavens, and much struggle on planet Earth. This war for the souls of men is the Great War at the End of Time.
Two Similar Times
4) Two thousand years ago Jesus Christ looked ahead to our time, the time of the end; and He compared our time with the time just before the world wide flood in Noah’s time. Jesus said, [Luke 17:26-27, Amp.Ver.] “[Just] as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the time of the Son of Man. (The time of His return.) verse 27 [People] ate, they drank, they married,… right up to the day when Noah went into the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.” [Jesus is similarly quoted in Matt. 24:37-38.]
Jesus of the Flood and of the End
5) Since Jesus spoke matter-of-factly regarding Noah and the flood, it is clear that Jesus accepted Noah and the flood a real! Jesus also spoke of our time, as the days of the Son of Man (the time of His return). Jesus who was and is the all knowing God, who came as a man; showed us when He spoke that He clearly saw both the flood, in the distant past; and our time, the time of His return. And we know from the Apostle Peter [I Pet. 3:20, and II Pet. 2:15 & 3:6.] that the Apostles also believed the flood was a real historical event.
Many Ancient Legends
6) The total destruction which occurred in the world wide flood at the time of Noah is recorded in the most ancient legends of many civilizations. The flood is recorded in the legends of the Polynesians of the South Pacific Ocean, the Chinese, the ancient Sumerians, The Babylonians, and the native populations of America; to name just a few. These widely separated civilizations all have legends saying that there was a great flood, and they spoke of the flood as a judgment upon man; agreeing with the Biblical account.
All the Legends Agree
7) How could it be that these many widely separated civilizations have such similar legends, if the flood was not world wide? If the flood had only covered a limited region, as some would have us believe, then there would have been no need to build an ark. Noah could have simply moved to a safe place. And in that case, the flood legend would then be found only in a limited region, not as it is in the traditions of peoples on every continent, all over the world. Clearly, the Biblical account of a world wide flood is in better agreement with the all the most ancient traditions of man.
The Rocks Cry Out!
8) And the rocks of the Earth show plenty of evidence of this great flood. There are many layers of rocks with abundant fossils, called sedimentary rock, covering entire continents. These rocks were made under water, when great amounts of broken rock, gravel, pulverized sea shells, sand, and clay, were laid down. To make the fossils; plants, land animals, and sea creatures, all had to be quickly buried by fast moving water; otherwise, if the dead and decaying plants and animals had not been buried quickly, they would have quickly rotted away, leaving no fossils. That they were quickly buried can’t be denied.
The Legends and the Rocks Agree
9) So the legends of the ancient civilizations agree with the evidence form the rocks. The conclusion is therefore inescapable, to an open mind, it is clear that the Flood really happened, just like the Bible says. And it is clear that the flood truly was a judgment of God.
After more than twenty years of studying science and the Scriptures, there is no doubt in my mind that, the best science supports a Biblical World View.
Wickedness Long Ago
10) Remember what Jesus said [in Luke 17:26]; “As it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man.”
So what was the condition of man just before the flood? The Bible [in Genesis 6:5], says that before the flood; “God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
In Noah’s day the people had no memory of the garden of Eden and of God’s judgment upon the human race at that time. In the time of Noah the people no longer worshiped God as creator; they lived in unbelief, and were blind to their sin. They rejected God and followed their own ways. Man’s every imagination was evil and the people became more and more violent.
11) Today, most of mankind is in a similar condition; living in unbelief, rejecting God’s word, and following their own ways. Today, man has again forgotten the mighty works of God, and man is again ignoring God’s warning. So indeed; the human condition today, is, just as it was in the days of Noah; just as Jesus said it would be, in Luke 17:26.
The Experts Scoff
12) In Noah’s day the men with worldly wisdom did not accept God’s warning. They ignored it. Today, God continues warning the world that final judgment is near, judgment by fire; and again the men of worldly wisdom are rejecting the Word of God. The scientists, experts, reporters and professors, they scoff at the things of God, they deny the miracles of the Bible; and they say that the flood was a local flood, or that the flood was just a made up story, a myth or a legend.
Today many professors, who teach in the colleges and seminaries, where our pastors are educated, do not really believe the Bible is God’s Word. These professors are unbelieving. And they have deceived many preachers and laymen alike. And many Christians are weak in their faith, no longer accepting the record of Genesis as true. Instead they believe that the flood is just a Bible story, just a legend, just a myth. But Jesus and the Apostles taught that the flood was real, that it was a true historical event.
The Evidence Mounts Up and Experts Still Scoff
13) So if we come to accept the witness of the words of Jesus, and of the Scriptures, and of the rocks, and the legends of many civilizations; if we accept that there really was a world wide totally destructive flood; then we arrive at the question, how is it that the so many scientists, experts, reporters and professors don’t believe?
The Worldly Wise are Blind to Truth
14) Jesus taught at Jerusalem, in the Temple Treasury. There,
Jesus spoke to the learned and wise man of His time. He spoke to the scribes (who kept all records); and He spoke to the Sadducees (who studied the Scriptures but didn’t believe in miracles) and He spoke to the Pharisees (who took great care to obey the words of Moses, but lived in pride and cared not for their fellow man), He spoke to the scholars of His time, those who spent their lives studying and interpreting the ancient books. It was these most wise men who couldn’t see the truth when Jesus spoke it to them.
Jesus says [in John 8:47]: “He that is of God, hears God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.” Jesus declares that these seemingly wise men reject God’s word because they are not servants of God, and so their evil hearts cannot receive the things of God. Because the worldly wise choose to live in pride they refuse God’s council and correction, so they cannot receive the gift of faith, which is given only to the humble.
The Mind Wars With the Spirit
15) The Apostle Paul tells us, in [I Cor.2:14]: “The natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” Because God’s Word can be truly understood and appreciated only when a person is operating in the power of the Holy Spirit, those who choose to understand with their minds only, remain blind to God’s words.
As Jesus said [in John 3:3], “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” And in Matthew 18:3, Jesus tell us: “Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” In the days of Jesus the scholars who taught the Scriptures, the scholars who thought they understood the Scriptures, could not receive the words of Jesus, because they were not willing or able to believe like little children. Their minds were at war with the truth.
The Experts Then and Now Crucify the Truth
16) Today, when Jesus speaks, by His Holy Spirit, or through the His written word, the prideful, the unbelieving, the experts still can’t hear His words. The Apostle Paul tells us [Romans 1:22]: “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools…”
In the time of Jesus, the ones thought to be most wise; the scribes, the Sadducees, and the Pharisees, the Bible teachers of that day, the scholars and experts of that day; rejected the true words of Jesus. Because their hearts were hardened in unbelief, they called for His crucifixion. They shouted, “away with Him.” They shouted, “crucify Him.” So it was that the unbelieving wise men crucified Jesus, the Lord!
And today, the unbelieving wise men, the scientists, the experts, the reporters and professors, are busy at work denying the miracles of the Bible, and leading many into unbelief!
True Science Supports the Simple Truth of Scripture
17) The INFINITY radio series is for the express purpose of helping the church, the Body of Christ, to stand in faith on the simple truth of Scripture. By alerting the body of Christ to the fact that true science agrees with the Bible, we hope to provide enough solid facts and Scripture, enough truth, so that you can stand against the many false things being taught today. By doing this we hope that the eyes of the spiritually blind will be opened.
The powers of this world, the scientists, the experts, the scholars and researchers, the professors, the worldly wise, say that we are foolish for believing the Scriptures. But as you experience more of INFINITY you will learn that often the expert overlook important facts, the experts make assumptions which are not justified and not testable, and the experts just plain missed the truth.
That Some Might Be Saved
18) As the Apostle Paul said [I Cor. 9:22]: “I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.” I hope that as INFINITY probes all areas of learning and the Scriptures, that by all means some might be saved, and
others might be kept from falling away.
19) Two millennia ago Jesus spoke about the Great War at the End of Time. Jesus said [in Matt. 24:11-12]; “many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” and “…because iniquity shall abound (rebellion shall increase), the love of many shall wax cold.” (become cold) He knew that in our day there would be many deceivers; and that many would fall way, many would no longer trust in the simple truth of God’s Word. What Jesus described in Matthew 24, is happening right now. Many have turned from faith in God’s word, and instead now trust in the words of men.
And Jesus says [in Luke 18:8]: “When the Son of Man comes, shall He find faith on the Earth?” Jesus asks, will there be any living in true faith? In the end, who will believe the Word of God? Will everyone be deceived? Will they all believe the Earth to be billions of years old and the Genesis Flood was only a Bible story? How many will be blinded by the ideas of the scientists and scholars? How many will leave the simple truth of the gospel?
Jesus tells us [in Matt.10:16]: “I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” I believe Jesus wants us to thoroughly understand all the lies coming from the deceived, so that we will not be deceived. We are indeed living in the end times, the time Jesus described when He said, “As it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be, also in the days of the Son of Man.”
If you are not yet fully yielded to the Lord Jesus Christ, then now is the time of salvation. Click here for release to Christ.